Worried about low sex drive or plain unsatisfied with your performance? With age, both testosterone and estrogen level decreases, reducing the sex drive in both men and women. Other factors that affect your libido can be being overweight, poor communication with your partner or medical conditions. For most of the problems, you would need to consult your doctor, but there are a few common foods that will help you.
Most doctors would agree that eating right will not only make you look and feel good, but also will provide the right nutrients for your libido. With the increase in the sexual problems, we have simple everyday foods that will help you improve your libido.
1. Almonds: Yes, Almonds!! They don’t just make you smarter but also make your experience in your bedroom better. Nuts such as almonds contain L-argine, which gets converted into nitric oxide, a great booster of sex. Also, almonds contain high levels of Omega-3 fatty acid, which is great for your heart and results in better stamina. With so many benefits, it’s time to start munching on those almonds.
2. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate has been considered as food for gods and rightly so. Besides its heavenly taste that’s got the entire world addicted to them, it contains high amounts of antioxidants. In fact, Dark chocolate has more antioxidants than red wine and contains a stimulating chemical known as phenylethlamine. Antioxidants purify your blood and help in better circulation of oxygen in the blood in your body, which improves stamina and makes sure blood reaches the right places. Phenylethlamine stimulates a sense of excitement and well-being and is a sure way to heat things up.
3. Green tea: Better night life starts with a cup of green tea every morning. Green tea is rich in anti-oxidants and catechins. Catechins help you cut down on the belly fat and along with all the anti-oxidants make sure that there is better blood circulation.
4. Ginger: If you like ginger in your food or in your tea, you are in luck. Ginger improves blood flow and maintains the health of your arteries. This will help you not only get better results in the bed but also improved stamina for those long nights.
5. Banana: Bananas are a rich source of potassium, which helps in counter acting the effect of sodium on your body by unclogging the blood vessels. This helps in providing better blood flow to your genitals, thereby reducing the risk of erectile dysfunction.
6. Coffee: Coffee does more than just keeping you awake. It is found that coffee contains stimulants which help put females in the mood. So make sure you grab that cup of coffee!
7. Water-melon: Research has found that lycopene, citrulline and beta-carotene are all found in watermelon, which aides to relax blood vessels while naturally revving up your sex drive. So, make sure you have it, not just to cool yourself during summers, but also for desserts!!
8. Sweet potatoes: These sweet and starchy vegetables aide in providing your body with infertility fighting vitamin A through the beta carotene. Their sweet centres are rich in vitamin C, which produces anti-aging collagen, energy-boosting iron, and potassium, which is known to help fight high blood pressure (high BP is associated with a higher risk of erectile dysfunction). Pair it all with that sensual mouthfeel and you’ve got a good start to a great night.
9. Garlic: Ancient Egyptians used to consume garlic to improve stamina. Modern research confirms that eating garlic helps to stop the formation of new nanoplaques, which are a fat deposit inside your arterial walls. That way you can be sure to get better blood supply when needed!!
10. Oats: Oats are a good source of l-arginine, an amino acid commonly used to treat erectile dysfunction. Plus, whole grains like oatmeal also help lower cholesterol levels. Having high cholesterol can lead to atherosclerosis, a condition that clogs and narrows arteries, impairing blood flow. The arteries surrounding the genital area are narrower than coronary blood vessels, so they’re more susceptible to clots. Simply put, the better your cholesterol levels are, the better your erection will be, too.
Maintaining a good sexual health is important and staying physically, emotionally and mentally healthy will help you achieve it. Keeping a check on those stress level, and including one or many of the food that we have mentioned, will surely help you have great nights.